Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Kati Roll

I tasted Kati Roll in NY for the first time and really loved it. I had to create that on my own as I did not know where I could find that taste in Atlanta. I could have looked for recipes on-line, but it never occurred to me then. But anyways... all my friends love eating it and I enjoy making it my way ;)

So here it goes
- 4-5 Potatoes (Serves 4)
- Chilly, Ginger & Garlic Paste. (Heavy on Ginger and less garlic)
- 2 onions
- Coriander
- Lemon Juice
- Grated Cheese (I prefer Amul)
- For Masala: Salt, Chat Masala & Amchur
- Chutney : Mint & Coriander Chutney & Tamarind & Date Chutney
- Maida Parathas: I prefer ready made ones (http://www.kawanfood.com/kawan/paratha.html)

Over Boil potatoes and mash them as fine as you can.
Take some oil in a pan and fry some cut onions (only one) until they are crispy and brown. Add the Chilly, Ginger & Garlic Paste to it. Once that is ready, add the mashed potatoes to it and mix well. Add salt, Amchur and Chat Masala to it and cook like you would do any other subji. Add lemon juice once the subji is done. You can also go ahead and mix fresh onion (not fried) and fresh corainder as well.

Now make the Paratha. Apply some green coriander and mint chutney on one side on the roti and also that sweet tamarind chutney... but that is optional.
Put that potato subji you just made in the middle of the paratha and sprinkle the cheese over it.
Wrap the paratha in an aluminum foil... and serve it.

You do not need to eat Kati roll hot. So this can be a great picnic food as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment