Thursday, June 18, 2009

Are your Cosmetics safe?

Few weeks ago, I was asked if I wanted to use Sunscreen on my son at Day Care? I was not sure if I wanted to. Of course I had to do my research. I started reading whatever I could find on Sunscreens on line.
Most of the places suggested that I should. But I was not sure if all the ingredients in the sun screen would be safe for my son and one of the mom had posted this link on her blog. I checked this and I found it useful not only for Aadi, but even for me. I checked up the shampoo I use and lip balms I use and so on. My Shampoo is safe, but my lip balm was not.
I also looked at baby products and I was surprised how many ingredients they have that might not be good for the baby.
So please use this website to find the safest cosmetic products not only for your baby, but also for you.
http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com/index.php
Also check out this article : http://www.safecosmetics.org/article.php?id=221

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    Thanks for the link. I found ur link very useful. will go and return the sunscreen lotion that i had bought for my 19 month old kid. The brand was Aveeno , and its highlighted as " avoid"
    Thanks toral once again... it was good reading ...
    Deena

    ReplyDelete